Our personal injury practice covers a broad range, including cases such as:
We have successfully represented clients who have had their lives changed forever by negligence accidents resulting in:
- Wrongful death of a loved one
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Back, neck and spinal cord injuries
- Severe burns and disfigurement
- Repetitive stress injuries
- Joint, ligament, tendon and soft tissue injuries
- Amputation, loss of limb
In order to pursue damages from the responsible party via a settlement or judgment, the party bringing a claim typically has to prove all four of the elements of negligence by a preponderance of the evidence.
- The defendant owed a duty of care to the plaintiff
- The defendant breached the duty of care that was owed
- The defendant’s breach of duty caused the plaintiff’s harm
- The plaintiff suffered actual damages
While these requirements may seem simple on their face, it often takes an experienced and aggressive lawyer to prove a case of negligence. At Heller & Heller, P.A., we work closely with clients to fully investigate each matter that we accept, paying attention to the small details that can make a big difference in the outcome of the case.
Because of the financial hardship a serious personal injury or unexpected death of a loved one causes a family, we often represent clients on a contingency fee basis for personal injury litigation. You don’t pay attorneys’ fees unless we help you recover financial damages in a negotiated settlement or jury award, if your case goes to trial.